Have you had a great experience on a St. 爱德华大学静修? Want to help create that experience for others? There are several ways to get involved in retreat ministry.
The retreat program coordinator assists the campus minister with retreat planning and facilitation.
- Leading the retreat CORE team which includes program coordinator (self), 物流协调员, 音乐协调员, 校园部长.
- Facilities meetings and communications of team members
- Choose retreat team members with CORE team
- Choose which team members will give talks with campus minister
The 物流协调员 for retreats handles many of the behind-the-scenes tasks that are necessary to make a retreat run smoothly. Works on Freshmen Escape, Emerge Retreat, and Encounter Retreat. Reports to the retreat program coordinator 校园部长 for retreats and the primary duties include:
- Attending all Retreat Team meetings for 4-5 weeks leading up to each retreat
- Creating lyrics slideshows of all music used on the retreat
- Creating introduction videos as needed
- Gathering all necessary technology including projector, 移动PC, 电缆, 三脚架, 相机, 摄像机, 等.
- Arriving at the retreat site early to set up
- Providing a welcoming and prayerful atmosphere as a key member of the retreat team
- Being in continuous communication with the peer minister and 音乐协调员 to meet the needs of the group and manage adjustments to the schedule
- Coordinating the projection of music lyrics and all other technology as needed
- Taking photos throughout the retreat and creating a photo slideshow to present at the end of the retreat
- Assisting in evaluation and follow-up after each retreat
The 音乐协调员 for retreats reports to the retreat program coordinator 校园部长 for retreats. Works on Freshmen Escape, Emerge Retreat, and Encounter Retreat. 职责包括:
- Select music that will be played on the retreat
- Consult with team members giving talks about their song selections
- Attend all Retreat Team meetings for 4-5 weeks leading up to each retreat
- Make arrangements for all musical equipment needed on retreat
- Arrive at retreat site early to set up
- Provide a welcoming, energetic and prayerful atmosphere through leading music and prayer
- Be in continuous communication with peer minister and logistic coordinator, and be prepared to play songs at a moment’s notice
- Assist in evaluation and follow up after each retreat
每年都是二年级学生组成的团队, juniors and seniors are selected to serve on one of three retreats: Freshmen Escape, 出现撤退和遭遇撤退. Team members report to the retreat program coordinator 校园部长 for retreats. Retreat team duties/expectations include the following:
- Commit to weekly team meetings for 4-5 weeks of preparation leading up to the retreat
- Contribute creatively to developing the content of the retreat
- Give a talk/reflection or lead a retreat activity
- Have the ability to work well as a team member
- Assist in evaluation and follow up after retreat
For more information on any of the leadership opportunities mentioned above, contact Josh Stagni.