Why Such an Emphasis Upon 宗教的多样性 at a Catholic Institution?
Diversity has always been a fundamental principle embodied in the university’s Holy Cross mission, which has guided the university throughout its history and can be traced back to the exhortations of the 圣十字教会的创始人, 尊敬的巴兹尔·莫罗神父, CSC. When he established the foundational principles of Holy Cross education, he implored us never to educate the mind at the expense of the heart and emphasized that education was to be employed in the cause of social justice in order to make the world a better place.
这些基本原则解释了圣. 爱德华的 and our commitment to diversity; our outreach and welcome to students of all religions, 比赛, 民族, 性别, 性取向, and economic backgrounds; and our embrace of all members of our university community as creatures of God, 被重视和尊重. 事实上, 我们对社区所有成员的拥抱是一种正念, intentional demonstration that in our daily endeavors we heed the biblical obligation to love our neighbors as ourselves.
——E. 马丁，圣公会名誉主席. 澳门葡京网上赌场
在一个社会和技术快速变革的时代, finding common ground through unity is a necessity for future leaders who will need to make ethical and moral decisions. 校园事工是圣. 爱德华的 where students can share knowledge of their own faith in fellowship with others, 提出问题，发现世界的真正知识.
校园部 encourages students from diverse religious backgrounds to seek out local communities from their tradition and staff can assist students in finding a community that meets their needs. 您可以通过查看 礼拜场所 目录.
除了当地的宗教团体, several local organizations partner with 校园部 at various times to support students:
- 德州中部跨宗教行动(iACT): iACT将信仰和文化团体联合起来，促进尊重, 为共同利益服务的伙伴关系和变革. iACT sponsors numerous dialogue events throughout the year and coordinates various interfaith service projects throughout the Austin area.
- 大学跨宗教委员会: The University Interfaith Council is an organization of campus religious leaders that provides mutual support to discuss issues and values relevant to ministries at the University of Texas at Austin and facilitate common programs with other ministries and UT Organizations and offices.
- 德州希勒尔: The 德州希勒尔 creates opportunities for all Jewish students in the Austin area to develop their own Jewish interests and participate in a welcoming campus-based community that respects the value of pluralism and promotes ongoing involvement in Jewish life.
- 串线湾: 西顿湾, 一个不同信仰的精神中心, was created in 1995 to be a place of hospitality and solace for people seeking to integrate 灵性 more fully into their daily lives. Seton Cove is recognized as a leader in Austin for 精神上的 formation, 创造性学习和全面更新.
If you would like more information on Austin faith-based organizations, 请联系 Josh Stagni.
Several student groups exist, each expressing a specific faith tradition and purpose. Each group seeks to foster a welcoming environment for all students to share a common experience or to learn more about an area of interest. 圣十字的传统. 爱德华的 welcome and advocates the variety of religious expression within its community.
- 穆斯林学生协会(MSA): St. 爱德华的 MSA is a student run organization formed in order to represent the Islamic faith and the Muslim student community on campus.
- 山顶基督徒团契(HCF): The Purpose of HCF is to establish witnessing communities of students and faculty who follow Jesus as Savior and Lord: growing in love for God, 上帝的话语, God's people of every ethnicity and culture and God's purposes in the world.
校园事工鼓励学生领导团体和意志, 随着学生生活, work with any student wishing to form a group around a particular faith tradition. If you have an idea for a new group or would like more information on any existing groups, 请联系 Josh Stagni.
各种各样的特别活动, 由校园部及各学生组织主办, are offered throughout the academic year as a way for students to connect with their own faith tradition, learn about other religious traditions and enjoy diverse fellowship. 这些只是学生们可以获得的一些机会.
- 9月: Yom Kippur (Jewish), Eid al-Adha (Muslim), Rosh Hashanah (Jewish)
- 10月住棚节(犹太)，动物的祝福(跨信仰)，圣. 教宗方济各节(跨宗教) Nostra Aetate讲座 (跨宗教)，排灯节(印度教、锡克教和耆那教)
If you would like more information on any of these events, 请联系 Josh Stagni.
St. 爱德华的 promotes a safe and trusting environment where students can engage in an exploration of personal, 精神上的, ethical and moral issues experienced personally by students and within their community. 尊敬的巴兹尔·莫罗, 圣十字教会的创始人, believed that the heart needs a learning experience that is personal, 即使亲密. 每个学生都被鼓励培养品格和良心.
校园事工提供属灵指引, pastoral counseling or just an opportunity to talk things out regardless of any religious affiliation to all St. 爱德华大学学生. 一个专业的工作人员可以帮助学生, 不管他们的信仰传统或背景如何, 探索个人的信仰问题, 身份, 灵性, 安全环境中的多样性和社会正义. 除了, 校园部 can assist students in identifying resources in the local Austin religious community that is in line with a student’s own religious tradition.
If you have questions and want the support of a 校园部 professional, 请联系 Josh Stagni.